Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wishcasting Wednesday


It's Wishcasting Wednesday. You can be a maker of magic and a tender of wishes.

Jamie's prompt today:

For what do you wish to acknowledge yourself?

Okay, I'll give myself a pat on the back today.

I acknowledge myself for inspiring creativity in others.

When I did my first Full Moon Dreamboard several months ago, I really enjoyed it. It was fun, it was kind of relaxing, and it was rather fulfilling. And I still love it. It's still up on my bulletin board, and I still love the colors and the pictures and the message that I know is there for me. I really, really believe that one reason, a big reason, a lot of us are unhappy in our lives is because we have no creative outlet.

Every kid loves creating. In fact, it is pretty much a given that every child is a little artist. We give them crayons and paper and pencils and glue. It's almost automatic - it's like it's as much of a requirement for a healthy child as drinking their milk and eating their vegetables. And we place great importance on their creations. We stick them up on the refrigerator with magnets or frame them and hang them on the wall. And every mother has a box or an envelope someplace where she's saved these precious masterpieces.

So what happens as we get older? What changes? Nothing changes except for what we perceive to be priorities. But I have discovered over the last few years that I need to play. I am a much happier girl if I'm creating. It can be (and has been) beading, or sewing, or scrapbooking, or rubber stamping, or painting. Or it can be as simple as cutting up a magazine and gluing pictures and words onto a big piece of paper.

I liked the Full Moon Dreamboard idea so much that I invited friends over to join me. I have hosted two Dreamboard Circles so far, and am planning my third one. My friends love it. (In fact, last month a special friend traveled 250 miles to come play!)

When I hosted my first Circle, I was right in the middle of a wonderful experience called "Wreck This Journal." Of course I had to get it out and show it to everyone, and one of my friends, M, actually helped me with a page. Just a few days ago, M called me from the bookstore. She thought it was so cool that she was buying one too.

So there you have it. I am a creativity inspirer. Or conspirer. See? I even create new words! It's all good!

To your creativity,

P.S. Please be sure to follow the link above to Jamie's Studio to visit other Wishcasters.

12 comments:

  1. As Janet wishes to inspire herself for being a creative inspiration, so I wish to acknowledge her as well.

    Peace to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so enjoying these Dreamboard Circles, etc that you do. And yes, you are an inspiration... Your blog is a must, for myself. That artwork is fantastic! Love love love the colour!
    Your Correspondent From Athens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Janet wishes to acknowledge in herself, so I wish to acknowledge her as well.

    I know what you mean by creating being natural for kids.
    My little daycare kiddies have been working in dream boards this week and while usually I'm busy helping them (ages 20 months to 5 years) I'm painting my own board along with them. It is fun and relaxing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Janet wishes to acknowledge in herself, so I wish to acknowledge with her.

    How much fun you must have doing dreamboards together. Yay you for spreading the joy like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Janet wishes to acknowledge herself, so I acknowledge her also.

    It's so beautiful to see the inspiration spread! Yay you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's to ever more conspiring and inspiring...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ♥Thanks for the Inspirations!!!!!! :)
    As Janet acknowledges herself, so too do I acknowledge Janet!
    ~Shamsi

    ReplyDelete
  8. As Janet wishes to acknowledge herself, so I acknowledge her also. May you keep creating and inspiring others!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Janet, you have an award waiting for you on my blog...go claim it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. As Janet wishes to acknowledge in herself, so I wish to acknowledge her as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Janet,

    Like what you say about a change in priorities. Totally agree that play ought to be one. What strange priorities we adults can create for ourselves. I wish for you to continue to host dreamboard circles and see yourself as a creativity whisperer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As janet wishes to acknowledge herself, so I wish to acknowledge her also.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Please share!