Monday, September 28, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award


Last Monday, Kiki, at Yogademia, shared a post about receiving the Kreativ Blogger Award. This award has two parts: the first is to list 7 things that you are loving right now, and the second is to pass the award on to other Kreativ Bloggers. Lucky me! Not only did I learn some things about Kiki, and find a couple of new podcasts thanks to her, but she passed the award on to me. Happy day, happy day!

7 Things I'm Loving Right Now

1. Altering/decorating envelopes. If I take the time to make a card by hand, and make sure some love and peace seeps into it, then isn't a plain old envelope just too boring? Wanna find out? Send me your address and I'll mail you a little something special.

2. Cupcakes. A few months ago I started noticing that cupcakes seemed to be everywhere - in many of the blogs I read, in the magazines I read, and in a whole display of cupcake cookbooks at the book store. I hate to be left out whenever there's something good going on, so I went sniffing around (pun intended) to see what all the fuss was about. Three cookbooks, a new hand mixer, two new cupcake pans, and a couple of magazine articles later, I'm hooked.

3. Netflix. Was a member many, many years ago when they first started. Recently rejoined. Slum Dog Millionaire was great. Inkheart, so-so. Australia was not what I expected, but with Hugh Jackman in it, it could've been in ancient Sanskrit with no subtitles and I probably still would have watched.

4. Still discovering beautiful, gorgeous, artistic, creative, generous, footloose, free-spirited bloggers!

5. The hint of autumn. I know it's just around the corner, and Mother Nature has been teasing us with some lovely, lovely mornings, only to have the thermometer hit 105 degrees by mid-afternoon. Come on Mother! I'm ready to plant tomatoes and herbs and violas and lavender and radishes and and and !!!

6. Lavender - baking and cooking with it. I ran across a recipe a couple of months ago for muffins or scones or something along those lines that called for lavender. I finally bought some and brought it home, and I can't find that recipe to save my soul. I did find a couple of others, though, and I love the subtlety of the lavender. I stashed three mini muffins in the freezer when I baked them and have since found some lavender tea in a local tea shop. Will try it one of these lovely aforementioned mornings.

7. Having every other Friday off from work. I adore my alone time. Sometimes I crave it, in fact. I have been on this schedule for a few months now, and I must say that I'm very pleased with myself because my Friday's are my "Me" days. I don't do laundry, I don't do housework to speak of, with the exception of washing a few dishes. I usually wander through a bookstore and stop at a coffee shop. Sometimes I'll do some other shopping. Most Friday's I take a nap at some point. My "Me" Friday's are very, very good days.

And now the award goes to:

The Bodhi Chicklet

The Happy Turtle

The Red Door Studio (whose beautiful book, "Nature Inspired," I received today)

A Fanciful Twist

Happy Loves Rosie

The House in the Roses (be sure to scroll down to the little wooden door and visit the Secret Garden)

The Feathered Nest (when I really want to chill, I turn on Dawn's playlist from the Feathered Nest, and the playlist from the Secret Garden - which is nature sounds - both at the same time. it's just gorgeous)

I do not expect that all these bloggers will respond with a post of 7 things they love. Not that I'm not curious - I am - but that's not my only goal in choosing them. These blogs are cheerful and uplifting, and beautifully artistic and inspiring, and spunky and fun, and romantic and feminine, and all a little bit magical. And I thought you might enjoy them too. I hope so.

1 comment:

  1. You're a woman after my own heart with all these lovely things! I hope you enjoyed those podcasts - perhaps followed by a lavender muffin on your Me-Friday?

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Please share!