Thursday, September 3, 2009

10 Cose di Me

I got an e-mail today from The Fragrant Muse, the title of which was "You're It." She'd tagged me in a meme, and I simply cannot say no to Liz! (I also couldn't resist her use of Italian, which I kept in my title. And, no, I do not know how to count in Italian, at least not before this; I looked it up.)

The rules are simple: I am to tell 10 things about myself that my readers may or may not know, but are true.

uno. I work with mostly men. (Much less complicated than working with women, I can say from experience.)

due. I am 5'8 (maybe 5'9") and between 135 and 140 pounds, and wear a size 10 shoe. (and on days when I wear heels to work I am taller than most of the men.)

tre. I have been a victim of domestic violence (not my current hubby, he was a victim too). People that know me now (the few that know about it) say they find it hard to believe. I tell them that's because going through that helped to make me the strong woman that I am today.

quattro. My corn relish has won a purple ribbon at the county fair. And a jar of jelly won a red ribbon. I still have the ribbons.

cinque. I have watched "Top Gun" so many times that I know most of the dialogue word for word. I don't like Tom Cruise much any more. Tom Selleck on the other hand . . .

sei. I have worn braces -- twice.

sette. I used to be VERY shy, and I still am a little bit, but I'm also a decent public speaker.

otto. I don't really like diamonds so much. I have a diamond ring that was my mom's, I have a diamond tennis bracelet that my husband gave me for our tenth wedding anniversary, I have some sapphire jewelry that also has diamonds, but that's it. My wedding ring is a plain gold band, and I don't own diamond earrings or a necklace. (Although I look at earrings every once in a while, they just don't thrill me.) I love gemstones, precious and semiprecious, instead. Also prefer silver over gold.

nove. I came home after work in the evening once when my husband was out of town and caught someone in the house. That was scary.

dieci. I really don't like the desert, but I've lived in it all my life. I want to move to North Carolina.

I am now to pass this along to 10 blogging friends. I don't know about 10, but there are a few that I would bet have some pretty interesting stories and that I would like to get to know better. I hope they will share.

Eyecandy
Marinik's Blog
Pink Purl
Yogademia
One Day at a Time

If I didn't tag you, but you want to play, the more the merrier! Just leave me a comment because I don't want to miss it!

Buona notte!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these 10 things, Janet. Like most folks' lives, some items bring a smile to the face but there are some heartbreakers in there too. I am so glad you are in such a good place now and say, I am tagged and I accept!
    Have a great great weekend
    Candace in Athens x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Janet! Loved reading your meme...great to learn more about you. I was sorry you have been the victim of abuse...but thrilled you've become strong and graceful now. Like you I can be shy. I was painfully shy as a child, but learning to grow out of it at last--LOL! Also not a diamonds girl--I love pearls and gemstones more! :o) Thanks so much for asking me to join in. I've not been doing tags, memes and awards for a while..but I just might have to this time... ;o) Thanks for the fun, Janet--Happy Weekend! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice to meet you janet! what a great list! i know what you mean about working with women. i used to work for ralph lauren and i swear i had to quit because all the women drove my crazy- and not in a good way... besos-jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been there with a shy side. I used to hide when I was little when my folks had company. No one I know now can even believe it! I guess I've managed to overcome most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you're brave for revealing so much... glad you're out of that relationship now. and thanks for tagging me, i'll play :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy to know these things about you. Especially the one about the triumph over the terror. Yay you! Please share the corn relish recipe. You forgot to say how talented you are with paper.

    I'm so glad to have read these things...the only thing that separates us? Well, I have to say, the not loving diamonds thing? We'll talk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for tagging me, Janet! My post goes up on Monday, 7 September.

    I loved hearing these things about you, especially winning the ribbons for your relish and jelly. Would you mind sharing your prize-winning recipe for corn relish with us? I've been on the lookout for a new recipe for a while1

    ReplyDelete
  8. great that you were able to transform violence into strength, well done and molto grazie! eliane from ireland

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah Yeah Yeah for you numbering in Italian! I have goosie bumps! Your list is fabulous and I've learned so much!
    I knew the part about working with men, didn't know the domestic violence and oh dear me sweet Janet I'm sorry.
    I can tell in your photos your slim but so tall! That's okay, I still love you.
    You'll have to tell more about finding someone in the house!
    I'll take the diamonds you don't want
    I want some relish
    YOU MUST MOVE TO NC...we'll be driving distance apart!

    Thanks for playing - this was fun!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Please share!