Sunday, September 27, 2009

Miscellany

I had to make time for playing this weekend. It was a crazy busy week. But where there's a will there's a way, and I really needed it. I didn't get all my laundry done so I'll wind up pulling some things out of the closet that I haven't worn for awhile to get by this week. And when I needed to run to the store this afternoon so that I have some healthy breakfasts and lunches at work this week, I ran my fingers through my hair and left without any makeup at all - not even mascara - which I never do.

I did squeeze in a fall-inspired mini collage one night this week:



And yesterday I quickly glanced at a handful of my favorite blogs (sorry, I may not have commented, but promise I'll catch up soon) and ran across this post from Dawn at A Feathered Nest. She linked to another post by Jan of The Polka Dot Barn (another darling blog, by the way) about the Team Tina Project. Tina is a fellow blogger who was recently diagnosed with colon cancer. Jan is collecting tags from any and all interested artists and bloggers to send to Tina to, hopefully, lift her spirits. I spent a little time this evening and made this tag and envie to send.

Expect miracles

I also received this picture of my grandson this weekend. What an angel! And he obviously takes after his grandma - falling asleep with a book in his hands. How sweet.


And it's really got me thinking. Tina is a grandma too. I can't imagine how sad I would be if I found out I was sick and the possibility existed that I might not ever see this precious little face again. So . . . I'm sticking my tag in the mail to Jan tomorrow and saying a prayer for Tina tonight.

Now I'm going to have a bowl of homemade rhubarb crisp with some good vanilla ice cream. Life is short and we should always make time for art, for prayer, and for really good desserts!

3 comments:

  1. Your grandson's picture is absolutely adorable.
    Sunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandson is lovely, Janet...Oh, I could kiss that sweet, chubby cheek! And an early reader too--very much to be admired! :o) Glad you made some time for fun, Janet...sometimes we do have to do that, just stop and have fun! And during the weekend I made and apple cake which we had with ice cream...Oh, yes enjoying to the hilt! Life is definitely too short! Happy week, my friend ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww your grandson is sooooo cute, love your collage and the tag, my prayers are with Tina,.. very tough thing this cancer...

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Please share!