Thursday, June 4, 2009

List Lover's Thursday - 5 Minutes



What a difference five minutes can make!

A few mornings ago, I was a few minutes late getting out the door to go to work. Not enough at all to make me late to work; I always arrive early. But what a difference it made in the traffic! It's usually very light in the morning, but not this day. And I remember saying to myself, "But it's not even five minutes later than I normally leave!"

That got me thinking - what a difference five minutes can make in other situations.


  • making or missing a flight

  • getting to the post office (or bank or . . .) before the doors close

  • giving birth on December 31st or January 1st

  • waiting for your nails to dry

  • a perfect piece of bacon or a house full of smoke

  • a tie score in a basketball game (more like 5 seconds really!)

  • a successful surprise (or not) party

  • nabbing the last PS3 (or Wii or Xbox) on Black Friday

  • the choice between pancakes and a hamburger
  • saying "good morning" or "good afternoon"

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? Please share!