What a difference five minutes can make!
A few mornings ago, I was a few minutes late getting out the door to go to work. Not enough at all to make me late to work; I always arrive early. But what a difference it made in the traffic! It's usually very light in the morning, but not this day. And I remember saying to myself, "But it's not even five minutes later than I normally leave!"
That got me thinking - what a difference five minutes can make in other situations.
- making or missing a flight
- getting to the post office (or bank or . . .) before the doors close
- giving birth on December 31st or January 1st
- waiting for your nails to dry
- a perfect piece of bacon or a house full of smoke
- a tie score in a basketball game (more like 5 seconds really!)
- a successful surprise (or not) party
- nabbing the last PS3 (or Wii or Xbox) on Black Friday
- the choice between pancakes and a hamburger
- saying "good morning" or "good afternoon"