Saturday, July 18, 2009

Decluttering and Creativity

I have been cleaning, decluttering, purging -- whatever you would like to call it. I don't know if it's the hot (and I do mean hot!) weather, but I feel almost "stifled by stuff" at home lately. Things are not really out of place (except for the pantry and my closet) but our house is 13 years old and there is a list of things that are starting to look old and worn. It's time to start addressing that list, and it seems logical (to me anyway) that a good place to start is just with a good thorough cleaning - top to bottom, room to room, wall to wall - and maybe some fresh paint.

During my "rest breaks" (they are a requirement after all, what with the heat and everything), I've torn pages out of magazines and grouped them by themes. As time has permitted, I've quickly done some mini collages of some of my favorite colors and themes.





Such great fun. Hope to do more in the next couple of days.





10 comments:

  1. I can totally understand the need to declutter. I have been trying to do that over the last couple of weeks. I feel like the stuff is starting to own me instead of the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi janet! for the past couple of years, i have been so drawn to rust, orange and light, watery blues. loved your collages. peace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cool, fresh beachiness of your collages looks so inviting...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah lovely, gorgeous colours/tones you picked out. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your taste. speaking of which, just caught up on your blog- geez janet you are one talented lady!! have a happy week. besos-jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful collages, Janet! Great inspiration from you declutter! We've been decluttering this spring & summer...taking it in stages, as it's too overwhelming to do in one go--LOL! Happy Days :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super! Love that blue, how could you not? I am getting ready to do that very thing as well... meaning more room for more art. Hoohoo.
    Take care and take those breaks!
    Candace in Athens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Likes Chocolate - that's a good way of putting it - "stuff starting to own me." Hmmm . . .

    Kitty - thanks! I love the contrast of the orange and the turquoise too!

    Kiki - i did not intentionally set out to do all beachy blues, but there's definitely something going on there in my subconscious!

    Spud - thanks!

    Jane - thanks so much! you have a great week too!

    Tracy - taking it in stages is a good idea. I'm just impatient and want it all done! but that's not possible. it feels so good to get it done too!

    Candace - I like the way you think! more room for more art. of course!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love my collage time! I have started my own coffee table book of just that! I took a large blank sketchbook and began "my story". It contains all things related to me, torn out of magazines.
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hippie - what a fabulous idea! that sounds so cool!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Please share!