Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Corner View - Part 2

Although there are plenty of Starbucks coffee shops, and a great little local spot (where I love to go sometimes just by myself for lunch with my book), most days I have my coffee at my desk at work (photo at left). I have a cup at home while getting ready (see previous post for a favorite cup), but always take a thermos with me to have a second cup to (hopefully) drink a little more slowly and savor a little longer.

There is a coffee pot at the office (eeww!) but I'm a little snobbish, I guess, about my coffee. I like it with a flavored creamer (fat free of course!) and now that it's getting to be summer time, I may even drop an ice cube into my first cup, otherwise it's just too hot to drink it.

I do have a couple of favorites at the coffee shops too, but I save them for special treats or when I need a pick-me-up at lunch on an especially tough day. (Cinnamon Dolce Latte - YUM!) During the winter time, I like to use my stovetop espresso maker to make a perfect little cup for warming up on a cold afternoon. I've considered getting a single cup coffee maker, like a Keurig or a Senseo, for my desk at work, but didn't want to pay the price for a good one at the time. (and the bottled Starbucks cappucinos do in a pinch!)

Be sure to indulge in all the other coffee hot spots - jane, ladybug-zen, ian, bonnie, esti, sophie, cele, modsquad,caitlin, joyce, ani, kim, a day that is dessert, natsumi, epe, kaylovesvintage, trinsch, c.t.,jeannette, outi, schanett, ritva, dongdong, francesca, state of bliss, jennifer, dana, denise, cabrizette, bohemia girl, dianna, isabelle, amber, a girl in the yellow shoes, mister e, janis, kari, jgy, jenna, skymring, elizabeth, audrey, allison, lise, cate, mon, victoria, crescent moon, erin, otli, ida, caroline, lisa, dorte, kimmie, la lune dans le ciel, nicola, malo, vanessa, britta, virgina, april, rebecca, b, sunnymama, kyndale, samantha, karen, kristina, angelina, dorit, goldensunfamily, sophie, nicki, ruth, mcgillicutty

3 comments:

  1. I think we have all experienced one of those office coffee pots...you need to treat yourself to a cinnamon dolce latte right away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cinnamon dolce latte - sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love that first quiet cup at work. And I wish I could share that feeling of needing an ice cube in my coffee more often. Sweden is fantastic in many ways but not often very hot.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Please share!