Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday Night Love Affair

Since confession seemed to be a theme in other blogs I've read today, I decided to follow suit. I wasn't going to write at all, but the guilt consumed me, and I must avow as well.

My husband has been working nights. He gets home at about three a.m., and being the dear that he is, he has been sleeping on the couch (which he can do quite well and satisfactorily, unlike me) so as not to wake me. I kiss him goodbye when I leave for work in the morning, and I talk to him on the phone when he's getting ready to leave for work again, somewhere around three in the afternoon. We get face time and actual time to talk come the weekend.

After a somewhat bizarre and harried week, I was in somewhat of a bizarre, yet animated, mood. I had the proverbial ants in my pants to do something besides sit on the couch and watch "What Not To Wear." And I had promised myself I wasn't going to spend three hours in front of the computer. I felt like doing something decadent and just accepting whatever consequences might follow.

I love my husband. I love my children and my grandchildren. And I love my friends. But I have another love, and sometimes I only want to be with that love. And so tonight, I am. I'm going to kick off my shoes and fix a drink. I'm going to fluff the pillows on the bed and turn down the volume on my phone. And then I'm going to languish with something steamy, and I swear I'm going to last more than fifteen minutes this time.



Sigh . . . life is good.


6 comments:

  1. Now that is some good therapy! So what steamy novel did you read?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, perhaps this is why you missed your call from Angela yesterday. She called and said Cin was in recovery and was doing okay. I hope you got the message.

    Love your blog girlfriend.

    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog! Did that novel keep you reading for more than fifteen minutes?

    P.S. I'm glad the confession thing is spreading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, that picture looks like something I would love to do right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz, actually, the "something steamy" i was referring to was a cup of tea.

    the book i'm reading is nonfiction; i've just added it to my sidebar. it's called refuse to choose and it goes into detail about a personality type that the author calls "scanners." very interesting! i bet a lot of the authors of the blogs i read would read the book flap and say, "that's me!" i did.

    Marsha - i was actually at lunch when Ang called. even had my phone on the table, but still didn't hear it. was totally p'd at myself for missing the call. was at el charro, tho, and it's always too loud in there.

    Polly - i enjoyed your blog, and loved the confession thing. will definitely be back! and i might have made it 16 minutes. ;)

    marinik, i find that even half an hour or so of curling up quietly with a book makes me feel all better. hope you can find a few minutes to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes it is. LOVE this post! enjoy janet!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Please share!